On May 21, 2018 Governor Haslam signed into law the bill that states, “…each student in elementary school will participate in a physical education class that meets 2 times per week. The total physical education class time each school week shall be no less than 60 minutes. The class shall be taught by a licensed teacher with an endorsement in physical education or by a specialist in physical education.”
- In summary every child in elementary school in Tennessee will now receive 2 days per week of instructional physical education.
- Implementation of the Tom Cronan Bill for Elementary Physical Education begins in July of 2019, the beginning of the 2019-20 school year.
If you need help with scheduling, view these sample schedules below. If you need assistance with an individual school schedule you can email Dr. Shirley Holt Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.
- Sample Schedule for 25 classes Twice a Week for One PE Teacher
- 3-5.Tier I Classroom ORIGINAL Schedule. 6.5 day
- 3-5. Tier II. Classroom Schedule 6.5 day
- 3-5. Tier III. Classroom Schedule.6.5 day