On May 21, 2018 Governor Haslam signed into law the bill that states, “…each student in elementary school will participate in a physical education class that meets 2 times per week. The total physical education class time each school week shall be no less than 60 minutes. The class shall be taught by a licensed teacher with an endorsement in physical education or by a specialist in physical education.”
- In summary every child in elementary school in Tennessee will now receive 2 days per week of instructional physical education.
- Implementation of the Tom Cronan Bill for Elementary Physical Education begins in July of 2019, the beginning of the 2019-20 school year.
If you need help with scheduling, view these sample schedules below:
- Sample Schedule for 25 classes Twice a Week for One PE Teacher
- 3-5.Tier I Classroom ORIGINAL Schedule. 6.5 day
- 3-5. Tier II. Classroom Schedule 6.5 day
- 3-5. Tier III. Classroom Schedule.6.5 day