Since Jump Rope for Heart events began more than 30 years ago and Hoops for Heart events began 16 years ago, lives have been changed by encouraging us all to be heart healthy for a lifetime. Many of us have grown up with these events having participated as students ourselves. The funds raised through JRFH/HFH are used locally to educate, support research, and enhance lifesaving heart procedures. More than 15 million dollars has been raised over the past 30 years in Tennessee for the fight against heart disease and stroke.
$2500 Grant for JRFH and HFH Coordinators
Each year the National Joint Projects Office awards 10 grants to recognize Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Coordinators for their passion and contribution to the program. The $2,500 grant supports professional development and provides funds to purchase school equipment. All applications are due by December 1, 2016, 12:00am est. Click here to find out more about the grant criteria and to access the electronic instructions and application.
Top 11 JRFH/HFH Schools for 2015-2016
1. Dogwood Elementary – $54,026.24
2. Battle Ground Academy Lower School – $23,804.51
3. Percy Priest Elementary – $22,591.50
4. Stoner Creek Elementary – $21,820.43
5. Karns Elementary – $18,634.65
6. Thurman Francis Arts Academy – $17,562.05
7. Poplar Grove School – $16,640.04 (#1 JRFH/HFH)
8. Lipscomb Academy – $16,314.83
9. Jack Anderson Elementary School – $16,150.08
10. Farragut Primary School – $15,433.94
11. Appling Middle School – $10,969.80 (#1 HFH)
Would you like to host a Jump Rope for Heart Event at Your School?
Jump Rope for Heart Events can be done many different ways. Hosting an event has never been easier with the option of all student registration and donation collection going directly through the American Heart Association website. Students can simply register on-line once a school team has been created and can gather donations on-line as well. No money has to be collected and brought to school! For more information on how you can host an event, please contact Jessie Wiens at firstname.lastname@example.org
*TAHPERD’s policy regarding the waiving of membership fees for Event Coordinators
- The coordinator of record for a Jump Rope for Heart or Hoops for Heart event that was held during the 2015-2016 school year and raised $600 or more is entitled to their TAHPERD membership fee being waived for 2016-2017.
- If the event raised more than $4001, then a second person, as designated by their event coordinator, can have their TAHPERD membership fee waived for 2016-2017.
- If the event raised more than $10,001 then a third and fourth person, as designated by their event coordinator, can have their TAHPERD membership fee waived for 2016-2017.
If you are eligible for a gift TAHPERD membership, you will be contacted in the fall via e-mail by TAHPERD Executive Director Andrea Burton. A big thanks to all of our coordinators!